There are two BOBST companies in Italy: Bobst Italia S.p.A. and Bobst Firenze s.r.l.
The operations of Bobst Italia are spread over two sites: the production plant in San Giorgio Monferrato is BOBST’s Center of Excellence for the engineering and production of BOBST web-fed gravure printing presses, laminators, and coating machines for the flexible material industry; while the facility in Piacenza is home to the sales and service offices of BOBST sheet-fed equipment destined for the folding carton and corrugated industries.
The breadth of BOBST printing and converting solutions offered from San Giorgio Monferrato is impressively wide and has established BOBST as a dominant player in the global flexible packaging arena. The BOBST offer covers the entire flexible materials value chain, delivering equipment and process solutions that meet all needs from entry levels to high-end.
A team of dedicated professionals operating from Piacenza supports the growth of its Italian customers providing machines and services for carton converting. For folding carton applications, whatever the job’s shape or size, BOBST delivers the automated solutions and expertise needed for maximum productivity with zero defects and zero returns. For corrugated board, from pre-feeding to palletizing, BOBST connects every step of the modern corrugated packaging process, to deliver more performance and value.
“By having in-house all technologies for manufacturing packaging converting solutions, BOBST can approach each challenge from an end-to-end standpoint and develop the solution that best fit the given requirements at every stage of the production process. The development of all BOBST equipment and services is founded on four key pillars that are driving the current packaging industry: automation, digitalization, connectivity, and sustainability. This creates value for the users, enabling our customers to deliver dependable quality to their customers under any circumstances. This is an important market differentiator for them and also for us.”
Davide Garavaglia, Managing Director of Bobst Italia (San Giorgio Monferrato)
BOBST web-fed equipment & services for the flexible materials industries:
- Rotogravure printing presses
- CI flexo presses
- Vacuum coater and metallizers for wide web processing
- Custom-made single process and multi-technology coating lines
- Solutions for circular driven flexible packaging. Leveraging its know-how and capabilities across the whole value chain BOBST continues to develop industry projects with partners. These include the oneBARRIER family to create industrially viable recycle-ready mono-material high barrier substrates responding to the new sustainable packaging requirements, oneECG deployed across all analogic and digital printing processes including gravure printing, and high speed highly sustainable water-based ink printing solutions
BOBST sheet-fed equipment & services for folding carton and corrugated board:
- Flat-bed die-cutters
- Hot foil stamping machines
- Flexo post-printing machines for corrugated board
- In-line flexo folder gluers (FFG’s) representing a complete box making solution
- Flexo – rotary die-cutters (DRO)
- High-performance sheet-to-web laminators.
- Processes like oneECG Extended Color Gamut printing, or systems like oneINSPECTION, an integrated set of quality solutions for end-to-end control, ACCUCHECK or the Digital Inspection Table.
Via F.lli Cervi 76
50013 Capalle-Campi Bisenzio (FI) – Italy
Tel.: +39 055 883 0400
Bobst Firenze was assimilated into the BOBST brand after joining Bobst Group in 2015. Previously operating as NuovaGiDue, it had been providing innovative technology to the narrow- and mid-web label and packaging industry since 1983.
Headquartered in Capalle-Campi Bisenzio, near Florence, Bobst Firenze engineers and manufactures narrow- and mid-web inline UV flexo, digital inkjet and All-in-One presses. These printing and converting lines can process a wide variety of substrates using different technologies. These comprise flexo, gravure printing, multi-process technologies, screen printing, hot foil and cold foil stamping and die-cutting, all of this including also digital inkjet options.
The equipment modularity makes most lines suitable to be configured for printing and converting substrates serving the needs of labels, flexible packaging and folding carton packaging manufacturers.
The BOBST Competence Center in Firenze hosts the latest technologies of label and flexible packaging printing, and it is open to any converter or brand owner for personalized experiences on the presses they would like to discover, with the possibility to go through a complete prepress workflow and meet BOBST experts.
Always at the forefront of innovation, Bobst Firenze has introduced many breakthroughs in the field of digital automation for its range of equipment and digital inkjet printing technology.
“It is the drive to always look ahead in pioneering the technologies that the industry needs, supported by the level of turnover that we invest every year in R&D, that enables us to turn our groundbreaking new ideas into the outstanding label or packaging solutions we provide the market with, to support the growth of our customers in all the market segments they serve.”
Matteo Cardinotti Managing Director and Head of Bobst Narrow & Mid-web
BOBST web-fed equipment engineered and manufactured by Bobst Firenze comprises:
- Narrow- and mid-web digital inkjet presses for labels. The machines in the range are BOBST Mouvent LB701-UV, BOBST Mouvent LB702-UV, and the MASTER DM5, an All-in-One solution seamlessly integrating digital and flexo benefits. The digital printing solutions are suitable for any run length and provide increased productivity, advanced ergonomics for an intuitive operation, low operating costs, quality, and color consistency. The MASTER DM5 is an end-to-end platform being extremely modular and including tremendous benefits in terms of digital flexibility and flexo automation features, from printing to embellishment and die‑cutting.
- Narrow- and mid-web inline flexo presses for labels. The range of equipment spans from the NOVA M1 fixed-configuration press for the production of pressure-sensitive labels, through to EXPERT M3, MASTER M5 and MASTER M6, which are multi-process printing and converting lines dedicated also to flexible packaging and folding carton. These machines enable efficient production of a wide range of high-end jobs from micro to long runs, thanks to the combination of BOBST DigiFlexo integrated automation and the Flower print unit for changing the flexo print cylinder on the fly. BOBST MASTER M6, in particular, allows an efficient production of a wide range of high-end jobs, mostly requested for flexible packaging, from micro to long runs, thanks to the combination of BOBST DigiFlexo integrated automation and the V-Flower print unit allowing flexo print sleeve changeover on‑the‑fly. BOBST exclusive UVTrack system provides total safety for food packaging applications
DigiFlexo is a unique technology and part of the BOBST Digital Automation program. The system makes the workflow a repeatable and controllable digital process, resulting in up to 95% press uptime, no change of ink and no downtime for color matching, 1 minute on-the-fly changeover, and very little waste. The technology conforms to the oneECG 7-color extended gamut technology and provides brand owners the assurance of worldwide color consistency of production.