Koenig & Bauer Flexotecnica is an historical Italian firm known worldwide for its manufacture of high-quality printing and converting machines for flexible and rigid packaging.
The company’s range comprises 1 to 12-colour printing units offering printing widths ranging from 600 mm to 1800 mm, designed for varying package formats and printing speeds up to 700 m/min.
The company’s production plant, covering an area of 25,000 mq and employing around 140 workers, manufacturers:
- flexographic printing presses with central impression format with all printing units clustered around one single impression cylinder, in line, or in stack type configuration, for printing either on one side or on both sides of the printing support (plastic film, paper, board, aluminium foil or multi-layered laminated material);
- coating and laminating machines with flexo, gravure, semi-flexo or solventless technology, cold seal or hot melt units;
- water-based, solvent-based or UV/EB digital printing applications;
- combined lines featuring hybrid technology with printing, special coatings, and varnishes applied in one single step, guaranteeing costs savings during the transformation process.
Koenig & Bauer Flexotecnica’s machines are employed to create all types of flexible and paper packages used in diverse industrial sectors. The machines can be tailored to customers’ specific requirements, and are distinguished by their highly technological, energy-saving features.
High-quality and diverse packaging is the central pillar of our thoughts and actions driving the development of high-performance equipment with quality and engineering playing a crucial role in enhancing sustainability and efficiency of the whole production process.
Christoph Müller Koenig & Bauer Board Member Director for Digital & Webfed Segment
Koenig & Bauer Flexotecnica’s product range comprises the following printing and coverting machines and lines.
- Flexographic printing presses with central impression format and all printing units clustered around one single impression cylinder. In line, or in stack type configuration, for printing either on one side or on both sides of the printing support, be it plastic film, paper, board, aluminium foil or multi-layered laminated.
- Coating and laminating machines with flexo, gravure, semi-flexo or solventless technology; cold seal applications; hot melt units.
- Water-based, solvent-based, UV, EB and digital printing applications.
- Combined lines featuring hybrid technology with printing, special coatings, and varnishes applied in one single step, guaranteeing costs savings during the transformation process.
Packaging applications for Koenig & Bauer Flexotecnica’s machines:
- Food & Medical packaging;
- containers for carrying tins or bottles;
- industrial bags;
- packaging for detergents and cosmetics;
- containers for milk and other liquids;
- packets and bags;
- packaging for animal foods;
- paper trays & cups for food;
- gift wrapping paper.
Koenig & Bauer Flexotecnica new range of flexo gearless machines, represents a balance between performance (efficiency, quality and limited investment) and technical innovation, in this case regarding colours, and the ventilation of the final bridge that guarantees a considerable level of energy saving.
High performance is achieved also thanks to the robust mechanical structure and compact design of the machines, with all accessories rationally incorporated into the design so as to reduce operating changes and to maximize process efficiency.
Other advantages include: a drastic reduction in start-up and production waste; automatic A.I.F. pressure system; package of TQMA (total quality management approach) features.